sunnuntai 8. helmikuuta 2015

HATEFURY






Who are you and what do you do in your band?

I am Niko, vocalist of the band


When was your band formed? 

I joined this band summer 2013 but it has been formed somewhere around 2003 I guess.


Why did you choose to play Death Metal?

It seemed a good option. When I joined Hatefury the guys had lots of death metal songs, but also more like black metal influented stuff. Some where also a bit more thrash influented. So since I wanted to join a death metal band we talked that we keep only the death metal songs and modify some older ones to more death metal style. Ofc the thrash metal stayed more or less, but the main feeling is focused on death metal.


How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute?

 I don't take part on composing since I don't know how to make death metal, haha. Maybe few riffs here and there, but the other guys do the composing. If I do something its lyrics or fitting the lyrics already done to the song. We haven't done new material for a while but we are focusing on it for a change.


Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.

Well, the lyrics usually includes blood, gore, beer and anti-religious themes. Inspirations comes mostly from everyday stuff which you can read from the news: catholic priest molested a child, a man mutilated and ate his wife and stuff. Sometimes even from a felt wrath against someone whom you wish to torture. Basic stuff.


Is there an ideology behind your band?

Nothing specific


How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?

Well, I think its quite good. Theres lots of great death metal bands, but you just need to find them. Death metal seems a bit underground thing but I've noticed it has been raising it's head. This coming death metal festival in Pori is a good example. It's all I can say. I'm not a death metal fanatic actually, so I don't know well whats going on. I really like death metal and love singing it, but I'm not so into it I would know much outside the music. I don't "follow the scene" if you know what I mean?


What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?

Well maybe a full-lenght album and more gigs. And even more killer songs. So kinda basic shit every band has as their plans.


Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.

MAVETH. Heh, thats just my personal favorite. But from the smaller ones I think Cauldron of Hate and God Disease are really potent bands.


Free word.

Drink beer.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti