tiistai 14. heinäkuuta 2015

HORRIFIED



Who are you and what do you do in your band?

Hails, I'm Dan Alderson and I play Guitar and Vocals in Horrified.

When/where was your band formed? 

In 2012 I started jamming and writing material which would make up our first demo and some of it later making it to our debut album.
It started as a recording project towards the end of 2012, then after the release of the demo the project gained a lot of interest, including gig requests. We formed a line up and played our first gig late 2013, we've been a fully active band since.

Why did you choose to play Death Metal?

It wasn't really a choice, it just happened. Death Metal is my favorite style of metal (the more melodicly inclined) and it connects with me most on a personal and artistic level, it's what comes naturally to me as a player and writer so it isn't really forced.

How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute?

At the moment I write the majority of the material, but I've had friends over the internet contribute material and lyrics. The first album was actually fully composed over the internet, an online friend of mine wrote 3 of the songs on the album as at the time the band didn't have a full line up and we were just doing this for fun. The second album I wrote 90% of the material, but a good friend of mine Chris Foley from Starborn contributed the majority of the music for a song and the vocalist from Starborn, Bruce Turnbull helped me out with some lyric work. Now we have a stable line up, the music for whatever release we do after our second album will be more co written. As our new Gutiarist, Rob Hindmarsh. Shares a lot of the melodic metal influence in Death Metal as me, so I'm very excited to see what music our chemistry will bring!

Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.

When the band first started I was still pretty young (19) and I was always looking at bands / albums for inspiration. The second album was a lot different, I wrote the material after a lot of musical experience in other bands, not to mention painfull life experience. Now I look a lot more inwards for inspiration, which is good as I feel the material is a lot more unique for it. I am heavily influenced by literature, when I read a book that has a vast scope it makes me want to capture a similar sense of scope and that feeling of an intense journey you get from an epic. Lyrically the early stuff was rooted in gory, tounge in cheek esque stuff like on early Death albums, the band's lyrics have evolved and are much more meaningful, drawing heavy inspiration from personal experience and dark fantasy literature, such as the Elric series by Michael Moorcock and the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson.


Is there an ideology behind your band?

Nope.

How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?

Death Metal is certainly alive these days, especially in the UK. We just played a weekend set of shows with some great UK DM bands and the turnouts were great and the enthusiasm was high.

What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?

Thats hard to say, for now we just want to finish our second album and get it heard by as many people as possible. I think we'll always evolve and progress, the next album will be a massive step forward for us.

Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.

To many, so I'll break the rules. Plague Rider, Live Burial, Vacivus, Sheol, Uncoffinned and more.

Free word.

Thanks for doing the interview, head over to our Facebook page for all the news with the band, cheers.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti