tiistai 22. syyskuuta 2015

TORTURE PULSE



Who are you and what do you do in your band?

I go by the name Kimmortal and I´m responsible of our chainsaw sound. I´m also a kind dicktator who brings forth the litanies and unholy symphonies. Father of most evil.

When/where was your band formed?
 
It was the summer of ´95 and I guess it´s safe to say that we were formed in a bar (Hevimesta). This is what happens when hatred comes alive. We surely shared hatred towards melodic death metal and all its forms. At the time old school death metal was pretty dead or at least suffering. Wow - that was over 10 years ago.

Why did you choose to play Death Metal?

I guess death metal chose us. We had long discussions of the state of death metal and felt ashamed. At the time most the bands were polished beyond recognition. No reek of putrefaction. Just autotuned crap. We had our roots and respected ´em. 


How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute?

Music is mostly done by me, but everyone in the band must agree with my vision. Sometimes I come up with a good one and sometimes we need to change something. But when it comes to drum/basslines, I really want that guys put on their effort. I´m not really a drummer or bassplayer, so I always give them their freedom to do what suits best. BTW - there will be a song written by Hellariser (bass) on our next album. 

Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.

It´s always different. I mostly come up with riffs and start to work with lyrics afterwards. But in some cases I write music to lyrics. It´s really challenging way to go. Inspiration to music? Fucked up world. Lyrically it´s all between reality and fantasy. Mostly against religions, but also reality and brutality.

Is there an ideology behind your band?

I can only speak for myself, but I have this grudge against religions which keeps me going. I´ve experienced some pretty disturbing stuff in my childhood. When imaginary friend is more important than your successor there´s something horribly wrong... FOAD. Well, they ARE already dead. FUCK THE DEAD!


How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?

When we started it was weak and kinda "NWOSDM" worship. Nowadays it seems it´s 90´s again. Lots of great bands and it seems they´re in it for real. Also old bands are getting together again and rare gems have been dug out of their graves. Can´t complain. Finland fucking reigns!

What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?

Well, we have our feet firmly  in the ground. When we started, our goal was to get a record deal. Done. We´re awaiting to get abroad to spread our plague across the countries. I think we kick ass live 666% and the world needs to get it´s ass kicked! Book us and get assraped through your ears.

Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.

Purtenance is doing a really good come back. Good fellows too. You all should check their new album. Invicatio!

Free word.

Support the music / band you love.  This is a really expensive hobby. Buy a CD/vinyl straight from the band, but skip those downloads.  Boycott Spotify and others. Give respect to the musicians. Death all over the world!


Dead since 2005 A.D.






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti