tiistai 30. kesäkuuta 2015

AUTOKRATOR


Who are you and what do you do in your band?
Hi. I am Loic, I play guitar, bass, handles a part of sampling, I compose, record, mix and master the music in Autokrator.
I played in N.K.V.D for ten years before playing in Autokrator.


When/where was your band formed?
The band was formed in 2014. We started doing this album as an N.K.V.D album, but knowing that it would be very different, we choose to release it under an other name. As we started this album in august 2014, I consider the band to be born at this time.
Why did you choose to play Death Metal?
It wasn't really a choice I had a clear vision of the music and sound I wanted, so things were made naturally. I didn't said to myself that I will play death metal or whatever. And I had a lot of trouble labelling Autokrator's music.


How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute?
To be honest, I do everything in Autokrator, except drums and vocals, and one part of sampling. I work with high skilled musicians who helps me to reach the goal I have in mind, and without whom I won't be able to do it. These guys for the album are Oleg I on drums, David Bailey and Brandon L on vocals, and Markian Volkov on sampling


Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.
Concerning the music, every time i record an album, I have a clear idea of the sound and kind of songs I want. Things change during the recording because I spend between 3 and 4 hours in my own studio everyday, this allows me to work on tracks the amount of time and whenever I want. Concerning the lyrics, the album is about vices and deviances of the nastiest roman emperors. That's a subject that interested me for a long time, and wanted for long to do a record about it. But for the next Autokrator's album, subject will be different. Concerning the inspiration, Autokrator is simply a death metal version of N.K.V.D.

Is there an ideology behind your band?
There are no ideologies behing Autokrator. All the members are from different origins, come from different backgrounds.
How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?
Quite good. There are a lot of good bands in France. In general the scene is quite good too, a lot of bands play good music. It is easy to say that things were better in the past, but take a look, 80% of great bands from the 90's still play, and there is a lot of good new bands.
What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?
My only goal is to play the more evil, dark, brutal music possible. We will do a second album for sure, and will see what happens next.
Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.
Abjvration! ( http://abjvration.bandcamp.com/ ) They play some heavy and evil shit. They released their tape on Caligari. Amazing band
Free word
Thanks for your interest in Autokrator.
I give you some links to reach Autokrator :





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti