tiistai 26. toukokuuta 2015

KOROIDIA



Who are you and what do you do in your band?

My name is Ralf Varela and I am lead vocals and guitar for Koroidia

When/where was your band formed? 

Late 2013 in Hialeah Florida

Why did you choose to play Death Metal? 

During my middle school and high school years I grew up on bands like Obituary, Deicide, Morbid Angel, and Incantation and that was what influenced me personally.

How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute?

Primarily it's has been Yasser and myself that write the riffs and everyone is involved in the arrangements pretty much.

Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.

The lyrics are mostly about religion, Greek mythology, and just dark subject matter. I'm inspired by all kinds of things, and life experiences.

Is there an ideology behind your band?

Koroidia means mockery in the Greek language and I'd say the ideology is mockery of organized religion.

How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?

I think Death Metal is definitely strengthening again many classic bands are re surging it's great to see. 

What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?

The goal is to continue to put out good music and have a good time in the process.

Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.

I would have to say our brothers Brutality. Great band, amazing musicians, and they had enough faith in us to add us to their label Ceremonial Records and fund our release.

Free Word

Thanks for the interview and thanks for the support! Check out Koroidia and Ceremonial Records!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti