sunnuntai 23. elokuuta 2015

BLASTOMYCOSIS


Who are you and what do you do in your band?

My name is Tristan and I play guitar 

When/where was your band formed? 

Blastomycosis was formed in 2007 in Toronto by myself and former vocalist Phil

Why did you choose to play Death Metal?

 I also play in a black/death band. I decided to start recording some of the heavier riffs I had that really didn't fit into that band. I also liked death metal, so I got Phil (our former vocalist) to lay down some brutal vocals to some riffs I recorded to a drum machine.  We put the demo up on myspace and it got the attention of CDN records.  We had no intention to start a serious band, but after that we started to find members and become a legit band. 

How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does
everyone contribute?

 I write most of the riffs.  Covered in Flies and Afterbirth was a bit different, as our drummer Dave sort of made most of the structures of the songs with the drums.  I kinda just designed my riffs around his beats.  Then the whole band would tweak the riffs and structures.  So essentially the entire thing was written by jamming.


Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.

 I don't write the lyrics but Lyrically, we are pretty typical to be honest, gore, whores ect...  Some medical stuff mixed in.  We have tried the make the lyrics almost funny at times.  Isabelle has a different style than our first singer.

Is there an ideology behind your band?

No real ideology no.  We don't take ourselves super seriously.

How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?

 I think it's pretty good.  In Canada too.  Lot's of awesome band but support for them isn't the greatest.

What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?

We just want to tour, put out albums and just play some death metal for who ever wants to hear it.

Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.

Hard to choose just one.  Deamon, Ataxia, Irihis, Gravitational Distorition, Serene Molestation, Bastard Son are some among a lot of awesome bands.

Free word

Buy our disc and support death metal!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti