lauantai 22. elokuuta 2015

HUMAN INFECTION


Who are you and what do you do in your band?

Andrew B: death growls

When/where was your band formed? 

Andrew B: The band was formed in 2009, in Roanoke, VA. I joined in the summer of 2010.

Why did you choose to play Death Metal?

Andrew B: I chose to play death metal because it's in my blood. It's the greatest genre of music, and while I love and appreciate other styles...doom, classic, black, power, gothic, etc...I eat, sleep, and fuckin' bleed death metal. I've played in power/heavy metal bands in the past, but I've always felt that death metal is the genre I can relate to the best.

How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute?

Andrew B: Our guitarist, Andrew, writes most of the music but he and our drummer, CJ, frame the songs out together. CJ also plays guitar and has thrown in riffs here and there. I expect our new bassist, Dusty, will contribute more to writing for the upcoming album.

Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.

Andrew B: My first exposure to "deep" death metal lyrics was when I read Lord Worm's lyrics in Cryptopsy, I was in awe at how beautifully written they were, yet also so dark and simply fucked up. I've always tried to achieve something similar with my lyrics, I have a more poetic style, I think, and I naturally spend a lot of time tweaking them to get them just the way I want them. My favorite set of lyrics that I've ever written are "Decay Inheritance" from the last album, and it's basically about Satanism, and is one of only a couple songs we've done that have occult themes.

Is there an ideology behind your band?

Andrew B: I suppose, just to play pure death metal, in a very honest and to-the-point style.

How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?

Andrew B: I really love the current "old school death" movement, and I am flattered that some consider us to be a part of it, really. You could say it gets a bit copy-cat with some of the bands, but I also think it's great that some of these bands - Morbus Chron, for instance - have created something that is very innovative and original.

What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?

Andrew B: Naturally to achieve noteriety and respect on a wider scale (through touring and releasing more albums), as I think is true for all bands in our position.

Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.

Andrew B: Skeletal Remains, their album "Beyond the Flesh" is fucking fleshripping!! I think that band sets a new standard for death metal today, in the US! They sound like old Gorguts, Disincarnate, and Pestilence.

Free word


Andrew B: Everybody be on the look out for a new song that will be posted in the coming weeks.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti